The Institute of Medical Informatics is looking for the next possible date:
Scientist in the field of ethical, legal and social aspects of research data
Initially limited to 24 months, full-time / part-time remuneration according to TVL 13, level 2, as of April 1, 2024 or later. An extension is possible for a further 24 months, subject to approval of the second half of the project duration.
The Institute of Medical Informatics (Prof. Dr. Dagmar Krefting), in cooperation with the working group Prof. Dr. Silke Schicktanz "Culture and Ethics of Biomedicine", is looking for a committed young scientist who would like to work on the topics of big data, research, and patient participation. The position is integrated into the BMBF-funded joint project SOMNOLINK (Connected sleep data and decision support along the patient path for better care of Obstructive Sleep Apnea).
- Development, implementation and evaluation of patient and stakeholder engagement processes with representatives of patient associations in Germany and beyond
- Analysis and scientific publications of ethical aspects of research data
- Development and implementation of innovative formats for the scientific communication of (interim) project results to the wider public
- Support with project coordination tasks (finances, administration, ethics applications)
- Organization of interdisciplinary workshops
- Collaboration in the further development of research questions and proposals
- Expansion of close teamwork between the various departments and scientists involved
- Very good to good degree with a focus on bio/medical/technical ethics or medical/scientific sociology, study background: philosophy, medical ethics, political or social sciences, computer science or health sciences with ELSA (ethical, legal, social aspects) components
- Very good to good doctorate in a relevant subject (or completion of the doctorate within 3 months of starting the position at the latest and corresponding letter of recommendation from supervising university lecturer)
- Methodological knowledge of patient and stakeholder engagement as well as qualitative, ethical-empirical research
- Previous thematic knowledge in the field of data science and participation/citizen science is an advantage
- Very good command of written and spoken English and fluency in written and spoken German (for conducting interviews with German-speaking stakeholders)
- Experience in publishing scientific results
- Good knowledge of literature search
- Very good organizational skills, high level of independence, very good communication skills, very good teamwork skills
- Integration into a highly interdisciplinary and very international team
- Access to an internationally renowned research network in bioethics and data ethics
- Very good working atmosphere in a team-oriented working group
- Family-friendly working hours and up to 40% home office regulation
- Support for your own further qualification (postdoc, habilitation)
- Mentoring for academic career planning
- Support in the development of your own research projects
The position is based at the Institute of Medical Informatics (Prof. Dr. Dagmar Krefting) and is supervised in parallel by Prof. Dr. Silke Schicktanz (Culture and Ethics of Biomedicine working group). Teamwork and the promotion of young researchers are our main concerns. Information can be found at: egmed.uni goettingen.de/en/employees/prof-dr-silke-schicktanz// andhttps://medizininformatik.umg.eu/
Please send applications by 15.3.24 in electronic form in a PDF document (informative letter of motivation, CV, copies of qualification documents, list of publications and at least 2 relevant publications/chapters from Master's thesis/doctorate) to:
Prof. Dr. Silke Schicktanz firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Schicktanz in advance by email.
University Medical Center Göttingen
Institute for Ethics and History of Medicine Prof. Dr. Silke Schicktanz
Head of the working group Culture and Ethics of Biomedicine 37099 Göttingen
Phone: 0551/39-69006 Fax: 0551/39-69010
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.egmed.uni-goettingen.de
We ask for your understanding that travel and application costs for a job talk cannot be reimbursed.